I am an Assistant Professor at the Computer Science and Information Management Program, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
My lab works at the intersection of neuroscience, machine learning, and human-computer interaction, primarily interested in studying applied and computational aspects of brain-computer interfaces. I welcome students who are interested in one of these three areas: (a) machine learning and signal processing, (b) neuroscience,
- (June 2020) Yay, got a grant from เงินงบประมาณแผ่นดิน: ปีงบประมาณ 2563 from PMU
- (Jan. 2020) Officially starting at AIT! Will be working closely on HCI, Health and AI related domains
- (Oct. 2019) Visiting my friend Dr. Nem Khan Dim, expert in HCI+Accessibility at Yangoon University!
- (Jan. 2019) Yay got NSTDA grant in collaboration with Toray Science Foundation,
- (Dec. 2018) Students, I am planning to make all my slides open-access so you can access. You can see links below.
- (Dec. 2018) Yay, congrats to Dr.
Kavouson "The relationship between flow proneness in everyday life and variations in the volume of gray matter in the dopaminergic system: a cross-sectional study" at Personality and Individual Differences
- (Dec. 2018) Just finished my class on "Introduction
toData Science" @ Kasetsart University. Great bunch of students.
- (Oct. 2018) Yay just received a "Stamford Competitive Grant" on Brain-Computer Interfaces
- (Oct. 2018) Congrats to our IT program. We have won the bid on being the host for IEEE YESIST12 on 2019, a
hackathoncompetition inviting universities from around the world. Time to work!
- (March 2018) Congrats to Dr. Sayan and Dr. Jussi on publishing "Ability-Based Optimization of Touchscreen Interactions" at IEEE Pervasive Computing!
- (Jan. 2018) Hooray! Our SIG proposal got accepted -> Approaching Engagement towards Human-Engaged Computing
- (Jan. 2018) Our book chapter "A Quick Look on Game Engagement Theories" have been published.
- (Dec 2017) Congrats to my colleague Sayan Sarcar for getting his CHI 2018 workshop accepted once again!
- (April 2017) Congrats to Kavous Salazadeh for getting the travel fund to CHI 2017 as well - from the NEC C& C, for his paper entitled "A Framework for Interactive Meditation Using Attention Regulation".
- (April 2017) Congrats to Mahmoud Hussein for getting the travel fund to CHI 2017 - Gary Marsden Student Development Fund, for the paper entitled "Understanding the Role of Human Senses in Interactive Meditation". Enjoy CHI!
- (March 2017) Due to family matters, I have relocated from the Kochi University of Technology to Stamford International University (STIU), Thailand. My status at KUT changed from "Assistant Professor" to "Visiting Researchers".
- (Dec 2016) Congrats to our team at Center for Human-Engaged Computing, KUT for two full papers, two notes, one LBW and one workshop at this CHI 2017
- (March 2015) Yahoo! Received a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research by MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology), Japan for the topic "Investigating Cognitive Enhancement of Elderly People by Using Motion Video Games"
- Human-Computer Interaction (Google Classroom code: wpzmwxy)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (Google Classroom code: yb6kmnl)
- Software Architecture Design (Google Classroom code: b35mbly)
- Programming for Data Science (Google classroom code: 2ezh4cj)
- Data Science (Regression, Classification, NN, SVM)
- Computer Science Curricula Advisor, Yangon University
- Data Science Curricula Development, Stamford International University
- IEEE YESIST 2019 Stamford Local
- Program Committee AC in CHI LBW 2018
- Program Committee in Video Competitions (CHCHI 2017)
- Associate Chair (DIS 2017 in Provocation and WIP)
- Vice-Secretary General, ICACHI (2016 – present)
- General Co-Chair, ACM IxAP 2016
- Technical Liaison, ACM Chinese CHI 2013-2016
- Publicity Chair, IDHF 2014
- Student Volunteer, WISS 2013, ACM APCHI 2012
- External Reviewers: ACM CHI 2016-2019, ACM DIS 2016-2018, IEEE Trans. on Human-Machine Systems
- Staffs, Techfest iNexus Thailand 2010