I am an Assistant Professor at the Computer Science and Information Management Program, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand.
My AIT Brain Lab works in the area of deep learning, particularly on brain and text, for the purposes of health and well-being. My long-term goal is to model and understand humans through the brain and language. I welcome students who are interested in one of these three areas: (a) deep learning and signal processing, (b) neuroscience, (c) software development.
I am co-authoring work on "Human-Engaged Computing" with Xiangshi Ren, a philosophical piece discussing the need for technologies to augment humans for better survivability. This provides the philosophical ground for my research.
- (29 Apr) Our WellTech center has acquired a 14M baht project from NBTC to work on elderly people + Raman spectroscopy + computer vision system.
- (Feb 2021) Just got the news that I got accepted for young scientist grant titled "การสะกดภาษาไทยผ่าน BCI ด้วยระบบ ไฮบริด SSVEP-P300" by สำนักงานปลัดกระทรวงการอุดมศึกษา วิทยาศาสตร์ วิจัยและนวัตกรรม (สป.อว.).
- (June 2020) Yay got a grant from เงินงบประมาณแผ่นดิน: ปีงบประมาณ 2563 from PMU
- (Jan. 2020) Officially starting at AIT! Will be working closely on Health and AI-related domains
- (Oct. 2019) Visiting my friend Dr. Nem Khan Dim, an expert in HCI+Accessibility at Yangoon University!
- (Jan. 2019) Yay got NSTDA grant in collaboration with Toray Science Foundation, amounted 190,000 baht.
- (Dec. 2018) Students, I am planning to make all my slides open-access so you can access them. You can see the links below.
- (Dec. 2018) Yay, congrats to Dr. Kavous on "The relationship between flow proneness in everyday life and variations in the volume of gray matter in the dopaminergic system: a cross-sectional study" at Personality and Individual Differences
- (Dec. 2018) Just finished my class on "Introduction to Data Science" @ Kasetsart University. Great bunch of students.
- (Oct. 2018) Yay just received a "Stamford Competitive Grant" on Brain-Computer Interfaces amounted 234,000 baht.
- (Oct. 2018) Congrats to our IT program. We have won the bid on being the host for IEEE YESIST12 in 2019, a hackathon competition inviting universities from around the world. Time to work!
- (March 2018) Congrats to Dr. Sayan and Dr. Jussi on publishing "Ability-Based Optimization of Touchscreen Interactions" at IEEE Pervasive Computing!
- (Jan. 2018) Hooray! Our SIG proposal got accepted -> Approaching Engagement towards Human-Engaged Computing
- (Jan. 2018) Our book chapter "A Quick Look on Game Engagement Theories" has been published.
- (Dec 2017) Congrats to my colleague Sayan Sarcar for getting his CHI 2018 workshop accepted once again!
- (April 2017) Congrats to Kavous Salazadeh for getting the travel fund to CHI 2017 as well - from the NEC C& C, for his paper entitled "A Framework for Interactive Meditation Using Attention Regulation".
- (April 2017) Congrats to Mahmoud Hussein for getting the travel fund to CHI 2017 - Gary Marsden Student Development Fund, for the paper entitled "Understanding the Role of Human Senses in Interactive Meditation". Enjoy CHI!
- (March 2017) Due to family matters, I have relocated from the Kochi University of Technology to Stamford International University (STIU), Thailand. My status at KUT changed from "Assistant Professor" to "Visiting Researchers".
- (Dec 2016) Congrats to our team at Center for Human-Engaged Computing, KUT for two full papers, two notes, one LBW and one workshop at this CHI 2017
- (March 2015) Yahoo! Received a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research by MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology), Japan for the topic "Investigating Cognitive Enhancement of Elderly People by Using Motion Video Games"
- Programming for Data Science
- Natural Language Processing (Assignments)
- Software Architecture Design (Lab)
- Human-Computer Interaction (LateX)
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Calculus I
- Computer Science Curricula Advisor, Yangon University
- Data Science Curricula Development, Stamford International University
- IEEE YESIST 2019 Stamford Local
- Program Committee AC in CHI LBW 2018
- Program Committee in Video Competitions (CHCHI 2017)
- Associate Chair (DIS 2017 in Provocation and WIP)
- Vice-Secretary General, ICACHI (2016 – present)
- General Co-Chair, ACM IxAP 2016
- Technical Liaison, ACM Chinese CHI 2013-2016
- Publicity Chair, IDHF 2014
- Student Volunteer, WISS 2013, ACM APCHI 2012
- External Reviewers: ACM CHI 2016-2019, ACM DIS 2016-2018, IEEE Trans. on Human-Machine Systems
- Staffs, Techfest iNexus Thailand 2010